Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hurray for Monday's

What a strange weekend we have had. The weather was pretty wild for a while there. Mimi and I were going over to the family property to feed her horses when we came upon a fire in the woods that had been started by lightening. Called the Sheriff's dept and they had the forestry come out. It was already up in the trees. Such a strange feeling to come up on something like that. We have so many fires burning here in Florida now and the situation is becoming even worse. I was outside this afternoon and there were ashes falling.

My dad was in a car wreck today. He is alright with a few cuts and bruises but I'm afraid his Explorer is totalled. I know the trailer he was pulling is. He has diabetes and from what they can figure out he blacked out when his sugar bottomed out which is very unusual for him. Usually his goes high. He says he has no memory of the accident or his sugar dropping. Driving along one minute and standing in the ditch trying to figure out where he was the next. He doesn't remember getting out of the truck or any of that. Luckily he was wearing his seatbelt. It is so strange to see my dad in a situation like this. He is such a confident and so in control person that it just broke my heart today to see him so shook up. He is 67 yrs old but doesn't look or act old at all so it is very hard to realize that he is getting on up there.

Well the guys made it to the race track this weekend. First race they have made since the season started. They have been so busy that getting the car ready had to take a back seat. I have to admit though that it does look good. Here are a few pics of it.








It is so hard to see my child out there in that car and not my husband. For so many years it was Truckerdaddy and now he has passed the love of stock car racing on down. I sure wish they would give it up sometimes and do something quiet and safe like cross stitching or knitting. LOL! I am proud of them though. Frankie didn't do so well Saturday night. Carburetor overflowing or some such. But he did get in some laps during the heat and feature so he will know how it is doing. That is him in the pic above from this past Saturday.

Well today starts the May Day Weight Loss Challenge. I really want to try hard and lose some of this weight. The challenge is trying to do it with the Thyroid problem. My dr. is still trying to get my meds at the right level and that hinders any thing I try to do. But I am going to try. I am giving up my beloved Pepsi's and switching over to Diet Pepsi. Did that this past week so we will see what a difference that will make. My weight at last Dr.s appt 3 weeks ago was 224 lbs. My goal is to get back below 200. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

windy said...

I think it is great that frankie has started racing his car looks great I hope after a little while I will be able to go see him race. Good luck on your weight loss.

Robin said...

Good luck to you in the weight loss challenge - I'm in it too and I know that together we will succeed! I look forward to reading of your success in the next few weeks!
p.s. Your chihuahua's are adorable! I raise Yorkie's!

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida too and the air this morning was thick with smoke! Scary stuff!

I just wanted to hop by and encourage you on the weight loss!

A Juggling Mum said...

Just popped in to wish you not luck but success with the challenge :)

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Rachel xxx
http://jugglingmum.blogspot.com

Shaylen said...

Frank and lil Frank are looking good...like father like son....love the race car!!

Good luck losing weight!!