My pain is released, a cloak no more.
A burden I carried, it's garment I wore.
My heart is lifted, my spirit free,
Not death has come, but glory for me.
I've awaited this day with bated breath,
so cry not for me upon my death.
Though I'm no longer there for you to see
My love for you will always be
Do not cry for me, for I am home,
Safe in his arms, where I belong.
I love you all and your arrival I wait
When we meet again at that glorious gate.
I Love you Grandmomma
by Kim Osteen
A burden I carried, it's garment I wore.
My heart is lifted, my spirit free,
Not death has come, but glory for me.
I've awaited this day with bated breath,
so cry not for me upon my death.
Though I'm no longer there for you to see
My love for you will always be
Do not cry for me, for I am home,
Safe in his arms, where I belong.
I love you all and your arrival I wait
When we meet again at that glorious gate.
I Love you Grandmomma
by Kim Osteen
| | ||
| Ferrell Pruedence McCall Morris Gainesville - Ferrell Pruedence McCall Morris, Age 90 passed away on November 5, 2007 at North Florida Regional Medical Center. Born March 15, 1917 to John and Edna McCall in Levy County, Florida. She moved back to the Otter Creek area about 20 years ago from Montana. She was a member of the Otter Creek Baptist Church. She also was a Sunday school teacher for many years. She also enjoyed reading the Bible. She is survived by her son John Morris of Otter Creek, FL, Her sister Madras Clyatt, Chiefland, FL, 4 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren and 9 great great grandchildren. A memorial service will be held Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 2:00 pm at the Otter Creek Baptist Church. | ||
I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. (John 11:25-26)
Being a Beautician, Grandmomma was always at the height of style when it came to her hair. I've always felt that this picture made her look stern and even reminded me of some of those prison pictures from way back then. Definitely not who she was at all. This I believe was her photo for her business license. Dad, you can correct me if I am wrong.Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death. (Isaiah 57:2)
We were very lucky to have a Grandmother who was so loving and involved with her grandchildren. (It helps that we were the only ones and were doted on).I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death. (John 8:51.)
Great granddaughter Chrissy and Grandmomma had an extremely close and very special bond. Even in all her pain she always had time for us kids and a smile on her face.For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life. (Psalm 56:13)
Both Grandmomma and Grandpappy were very religious and lived their lives in accordance to God's wishes.You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. (Psalm 30:11-12)
"Grandmomma, there is no way to describe the pain your passing has caused and though I know that is not what you would have wanted for us, our world will be a little darker and sadder now. You were my last living grandparent and now my world will never be the same. You are free now from the pain of the crippling "Arthur" arthritis and in the arms of our loving Savior.Thank you for loving me and being the best grandmother ever.
I love you Grandmomma."
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1Thess 5:18)
2 comments:
I love the poem! and yes quite the tear jerker. I think that everything you said was perfect, and I love all the pics that first one I don't think I have ever seen.
No words are needed here as i can not even see to write them:((
Post a Comment