...I realize I haven't posted in quite a while so maybe now I will be able to keep up with it more regularly.
The holidays are finally past and what a relief. Usually I love the season but this year with trucker-dad spending New Years Eve plus 2 days in the hospital sure did not make for a Happy beginning to 2007. However he is much improved and is back on the road again.
Mimi is now back on a fairly regular schedule in our schooling. Right now we are studying the solar system. She got a telescope for Christmas and is quite fascinated with the whole subject. We are using "Exploring Creation With Astronomy" by Jeannie K. Fulbright. We have also been watching Reader's Digest Presents "Mysteries of Deep Space". We have stopped using the Saxon Math for right now and have backed up to do more practice and review on double and triple digit multiplying. She is still doing an animal worksheet once a week and hopes to complete the alphabet (one animal starting with the letters of the alphabet) soon. We have put the biographies on hold for now along with the history. I find that with Mimi studying too many subjects at once tends to distract her. Where as when we only do one or two at a time she becomes more involved and excited to study. Still have to push the reading though! But that is what is so great about homeschooling, all on our own time!
1 comment:
Hay...love the new look...ive been thinking about redoing mine to since ive been crocheting again...glad Frank is doing better and that Mimi is loving the stars.
Post a Comment