Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Movie Review of the Week.
My dear daughter talked me into watching "Chicken Little" this week. I thought it would be like all the other animated movies put out by Disney and Pixar but at the same time stay true to the story. Well let me tell you. I read Chicken Little when I was little and at no time was there ever aliens, cell phones and certainly never Karoke machines in the story. Of course in our day the sky falling meant an acorn, but I must have lost touch with the times because this definitely wasn't an acorn that fell. Now I was ready to turn this one off about 30 mins into it, but I thought of you guys and kept prodding along. Not once did I laugh, or think any of it was amusing. It was the worst kids movie I have seen in a long time. So my rating is a 3 but giving the music in it a 7.

Got three more quilt blocks finished with another one on the board to press. Just need to take the pics and upload them.

Started reading this fantastic book I got in the mail yesterday (see Shaylen, my mailman is good to me also) It's called "Royal Babylon, The Alarming History of European Royalty" by Karl Shaw. Sissie knows how much I love studying about the Royal Monarchy. Any way this book chronicles the manifold appalling antics of Europes famous families, their behavior, foibles and mental downfalls. Some of it is hilarious, but other parts literally make me shudder. "Beat the crap out of" was the literal term. Robert Burton taught in the early 1600's that madness (what we call mental illness now) was caused by the retention of bodily excretions. He felt the best cure was to tie the patient to a wall and literally beat the crap out of them. Can you imagine. Anyway if any of you want to read it when I am done just let me know.

Got to keep Devan all day yesterday. We had fun and he was a very good baby all day long. He loved the chickens, the trampoline and throwing things in Shelby's pond. Ate his fair share of Honey Smacks and Uncle Poppy brought him some french fries home. Stuffed himself he did. Windy and Mike showed up during that bad storm to get him. Got pretty rough there for a bit especially the wind and hail.

Progress on the new bathroom is going good. Wouldn't let Windy see it until it's all done but she did get to se the new vanity as it is sitting in the middle of my living room. Hope to go today and get the molding then we will finish it up.

Well that is all for this morning. I will get the pics up and loaded soon.
Love all, Kim
"In Every Thing Give Thanks..." 1 Thess 5:18

1 comment:

sissie said...

Well I am so glad I have not watched Chicken Little! I would sure hate for my image of the acorn falling from the sky to be rouined!! If this movie was so bad why the 3 and not a 1?
sounds like your movie was worse that mine this week LOL did you see my review on my blog for the new King Kong? and Lord John was watching it again last night!! I see this movie disappering LOL