Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hurray! I have finished my wall quilt! I have been stitching almost nonstop the last few days. I am so proud of it. It is completely handpieced and hand quilted. I've titled it "Oh My Stars". Took almost 300 yards of thread to complete. That is the length of 3 football fields! Can you imagine stitching that length by hand! I've loved every minute of it. I may never use the sewing machine again. Well, maybe every once in a while. This has been the best therapy for my nerves. So here it is....

What do you think? I've already chosen my next project and am anxious to get started. I have also bought a new quilt book from the quilt shop in Trenton the other day. It is called "101 Quilt Blocks for Hand Piecing" by Linda Causee. All 101 blocks are 10" blocks and I am going to make all of them and will have a quilt large enough for our King bed. I am still working on my Ohio Star quilt. that will be my own personal quilt.

Well Frankie and Shelby have moved back to their house (well to sleep anyway). Shelby has started a new cross stitch project. It's a tiger and it will be beautiful. Mimi is working on so many projects at once I couldn't even begin to describe them. Moma and Daddy are doing good. Mom looks sooo much better and is spending most of her time up now. She is actually pleasant to be around. Hopefully we won't have anymore scares like that again.

Well until next update everyone keep on stitching and let us see pics!

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 comment:

Shaylen said...

Love it Mimi and you can make me one,cant wait to see your afghan.
Love the needle case kim.Lots of good ideals you have.