This is what happened Thursday night when a transformer on a light pole here in Otter Creek had a brown out. It caused a short in the breaker box on the side of Frankie and Shelby's house next door and caught fire. Thank the Good Lord Frank was home and knew what to do.
Shelby and I were on the phone together at the same time and we heard and saw it as it happened. So naturally we held up our end of the job by screaming and running around and screaming some more. I never even thought to call the fire dept. I was too busy screaming.
Shelby grabbed Gregers and ran outside screaming. Frank had a fire extinguisher and was over trying to put the fire out and unhook the breakers. I held the flashlight and stood back about 30 feet and screamed some more. Frank told us to calm down and we just got louder. This was the most terrifying thing to experience. Forgot to call the light company also. Way to handle an emergency huh!? Even as we were screaming and screaming, Gregers slept right through it. They are living with us now until we can get the box replaced.
As if that wasn't enough that was also the day Gregers was diagnosed with Autism. Lowest end of the spectrum so it will be easily treated with occupational therapy and speech therapy.
1 comment:
oh wow! that was a miracle that the house didn't burn!
and no need to worry about Greggers he is just like his daddy:))
Post a Comment