Last weekend (Wednesday and Thursday for us) we all loaded up and took off for a day on the river boating and fishing. We are currently in possession of and using an 18' Nitro Bay 1800 center console bay boat with a 50 Hp Mercury outboard owned by one of the guys who works at Suwannee Lumber. We are trying it out in order to decide whether or not to buy it. So far we are loving it. He offered it to us for $5,000. So here are a few photos I took (yes I actually went out on it) after spending an astronomical amount for fishing licenses.

Here is Frank, Frankie and Mimi as we are leaving
Walmart. Shelby and I are in my truck behind them. Notice how its a $5000 boat being pulled by a $200 truck. Only in the South!

We decided to put in at Clay Landing which is closer to
Chiefland than going out to Fowler's Bluff. I have to admit it seemed weird putting in here and not at Norma and Toby's.

Of course in this family we can't do anything without bringing practically everything we own with us. So here is Mimi with all our goodies. Notice on top of the tote she is making sure we got "tunes". Someone forgot to tell her that music and fishing don't go together.

Offloading the boat and pulling up the ramp.

Capt. Neutral (don't ask, it's a long story I am saving for later) making sure everything is in order before allowing us to board.

"Who's got the cooler?!"

Getting settled and ready to go

What a beautiful day!

A hornet's nest we found hanging in a tree. Frank wanted to get it but there were still hornets using it.

Our greatest find of the day. This is a huge Manatee we came upon. He was swimming upriver between Manatee and Fanning Springs. I never could catch him out of water. He would only come up about every half mile. I was amazing! You can barely see him under the water.

Even on a beautiful day as this she still doesn't want me taking her picture.

Usually I don't allow myself to be photographed but just to prove that I was on board I did allow Mimi to take this one of me and Frank. He was very happy that I went along. Looks like the whale is in the boat!

Cruising up the river towards Fanning Springs.

It was tough but I finally got Capt.
Neutral to allow me a turn at the wheel. It's definitely harder than it looks.

Seaweed Mustache!
eewww!

I'm guessing from the back is the only way to photograph her.

This is a floating dock anchored out at "Jack's Sandbar". We were given permission to use it.

My two beautiful kids! I am so proud of them (except somebody forgot to put on sunscreen)

The kids were envious over this slide.
Da da da da dum dum "Hawaii 5-0"

Time to bring it in due to the rain.
All in all it was a great day. Only one fish was caught and that was a catfish by Shelby but we don't care. We had a blast and seeing a Manatee in the wild, Well that just made the whole day.
1 comment:
Ok I finally made it here:)) I thought the same thing with your first pic about the price of the truck LOL then I saw mimi doing ALL the work while Shelby only totes her drink!!! the picures are great and the one of you and frank made me think of Grandmother! i almost thought that was her not you!
Sure looks like fun and I am so happy to see that you made it out of there in one piece LOL
Hugs
Post a Comment