You might be addicted to Farmville if
* You wake up at 3 A.M. to harvest crops!
* You feel bad when you are away from your computer and your cows need milking!
*If instead of cuddling after sex, you want it to end quickly because you know your blueberries are in need of harvesting.
You're on your way through Pennsylvania and you see a seeder, harvester, etc and you yell "I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!"
You get 4 hours of sleep because you wait up all night to harvest.
You're checking on your farm between commercials of your favorite show!
you wake up at 6am and go to bed after midnight so you can maximize your sweet corn harvest even though you should be sleeping because you have the flu....
I was so sick with Swine and was told to stay in bed so I made a bed on my floor in front of my computer and said "There, im in bed!" HAHA
* You know you're addicted when you sit at the computer, waiting and watching the percents change on your rasberries.
* You know you're addicted when it's Thursday and you stay up until 3:30 to find out what new has been added.
* You have printouts of the best crops to plant for profit/hour.
...you think the soyabean plow/plant/delete method is boring and a waste of time, but you have to do it 'just a little bit' when the next level is only a few hundred xp away...
....you multiply in your head in sunflower, pumpkin & blackberry growing hours instead of x,y,z....
...you check your farm before your emails when you log on...
...you get annoyed with your friends when they post mafia wars, cafe world or fishville items in your live feed before the farm stuff...
...you've bought a 7th windmill just to stay ahead of your neighbour...
you have a piece of graph paper in your meetings notebook where you layout your farm and have a mastery chart handy and plan out your next crops to master in the shortest amount of time instead of taking notes about the meeting.
when you rearrange your farm for four hours and lose sleep to do it then cry when your work is somehow undone in the morning (after the three hours of sleep you got!!)
When you schedule your appointments between crops and get mad when they take longer than expected
When you are making dinner and have to put it on hold because your neighbor just posted the egg you've been watching your feed all day for
When you call your friends before you post that turkey/cat/cow so they can be sure to get it..... at three AM!

when you pay your kids to sit in front of the computer to watch for that gold egg you just KNOW will pop up while you're busy ((lol my hubby did that))
My hubby rings from work and asks how my crops are doing before he asks about the kids
When you finally reorganize your farm and are happy with it, you realize, a few weeks later, that you don't like it and want to change it again.
A friend turns up at a Halloween Party dressed as a Cow and you want to rescue/adopt him.
(true story)
And on the way home from said party you see some Hay Bales by the side of the road and want to stop the car, get out and stack them.
you create a new farm in your cat's name so that you can get an 8th neighbour.
You moan to your husband that your turtles and kittens have gone missing, and he hasn't a clue what you are on about.
You rush home from work to immediately start harvesting, then suddenly realise you have forgotten to pick your son up from school.
You buy a crop for Haiti, and for a week solid, harvest every 6 hours, as you want to get your moneys worth.
You buy something you don't need, just to tip youself onto the next level, rather than waiting another 5 hours to harvest and replant which would get you there anyway.
You proudly talk at work about getting your grapes mastery, and people look at you as if you were from another planet.
When your husband has to ask you to please, for the love of God, turn down your cows
Your farm is beautifully tidy, all animals lined up, trees are in plant order, crops are all symmetrical, yet your real life home looks like a bombsite as you are too busy getting your farm to look pristine, than to tidy up!
Yesterday I cancelled an appointment with my bank manager as "something urgent had come up" - I daren't tell him it was because I was too busy harvesting!
You scream and jump out of your seat because you get your first black chicken!
While changing your farm and moving your plots you misclick and have one that is not aligned with the others so you get frustrated, cuss and go for the delete tool to fix it.......
You plant your crops and come back after a while to notice that you missed seeding a square and yell (insert foul language of your choice here)!!!!!
A Poem - because of Farmville!
I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'farming',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny,
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my good work.
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops - I found
my crops were at their height,
I had to harvest, plow, and seed....
I was into it all night.
Nothing's changed except my mouse.
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'farming',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny,
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my good work.
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops - I found
my crops were at their height,
I had to harvest, plow, and seed....
I was into it all night.
Nothing's changed except my mouse.
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.
from the pages of the farmville forum
2 comments:
Oh my this is all so true!!
I have done the same going out to the farm I see the fields and wonder where the click button is at to clean it up LOL
YES I am addicted!!
Hahahahaha...i can just see you all doing this..lol.
Post a Comment