Friday, August 15, 2008

For Just a Moment...

The other night while cooking supper, I experienced "just a moment" of total brain loss. Normally I wouldn't share a story like this, but in this instance I felt like a warning should be issued so all of you will be very careful the next time you find yourself with "just a moment" of brain loss.



While in the midst of cooking a very delicious
Turkey Loaf as seen here,


I took the Meat Thermometer, (we all know
we have to cook turkey to 160 degrees to ensure
doneness) inserted it into the turkey and watched
the dial go up to 180 degrees. It's done.

Now for the moment of TOTAL brain loss. As I removed
the thermometer from the turkey loaf,
I noticed there was some gravy left
on the stem of it.... (OMG, NO SHE DIDN'T)



Here is where I am going to give you
girls a little tip....


Did you know that when the thermometer
reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit that it means
the stem of the thermometer is also 180 degrees
Fahrenheit?

4 comments:

Shaylen said...

Ouch....did it blister???

windy said...

Ok I could see me or moma doing that, but not you. LOL you never have brain losses.

windy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sissie said...

I am still laughing over this one LOL

johnny did the same thing with my chili & his spoon the other night LOL

right in the pot and straight to the mouth!!! I needed a laugh thank you so much:))

I just love your post, I want to be like you when I grow up:)

hugs