Thursday, March 15, 2007

Will it ever end...?

Just as I got to feeling better from my bout with sickness, believe it or not it came back with a vengance. Pretty sure it's just allergies but we all know they can make you pretty sick. Truckerdaddy, Mimi and I ate lunch out on the picnic table a few days ago and by dark I was in a mess. I know, I know, I should stay in this time of year, but it is so pretty out.

Dr. also thinks my allergy to hay may have something to do with this because of the horses. So I haven't got to go see them for about two weeks now. Before when they were being boarded, I only went to see them occasionally as Truckerdaddy and Mimi would make that trip. But now that we have them close to home I was going everyday with them to take care of them.

So I have spent the last couple of days in bed reading. I also pulled down all my James Bond 007 movies and have had fun watching them all again. (keeps everybody out of here as I am the only one in this family who thinks he is great) .

Today is my grandmother's birthday. She is 90 years old. She suffers tremendously from Arthritis. (she calls it Arthur because only a man can make you hurt that bad). Other than the arthritis she is amazingly healthy. Still has all her own teeth and in good condition too. She look great for her age. I am lucky to have come from a family that has all lived to an old age.

She has an amazing spirit and a very deep faith in God. I have never seen her read any book other than the bible (except for the daily newspaper). She loves doing "seek and find" puzzle books and enjoys cooking still. She believes that if she gives into the pain it will kill her so she won't rest. My sister Sissie also has a post up about Grandmama. So go on over and read it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMAMA!!

2 comments:

sissie said...

I was just thinking about the BOND movies LOL

Mrs. Darling said...

I have incredible allergies too. I am housebound the entire month of June and we run hepa filters night and day in the summer. Its no fun. Hope you start feeling better soon.