Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Had a good weekend...

Mimi and I had a pretty good weekend. We got my quilting projects out to see if I would be able to work on them. My hands give me so much trouble anymore that I put it away for awhile. Incredibly I have almost completed one block by hand and have another ready to go. Not any problems at all. I was so happy. I have found that if I hold everything a little looser than before I don't have any problems. Now I have all kinds of projects running through my head! We even got the sewing machine out and oiled it up so I could make Mimi some flannel pajama pants. We found a pattern the other day that she really liked so I told her to go pick out some pretty flannel to make them in. I could just imagine how cute she would look in pretty pink or baby blue, little sheep or ducks or something really girlie... NOT my daughter, oh no,
THIS
IS
WHAT
SHE
PICKED
OUT!
ARRRGHH!!



And here is the pattern that we are going to use.



Mimi and I had a long discussion Sunday night about our homeschooling curriculum that we have been using this year. We were using Saxon Math and Abeka History but we seemed to be struggling. I had even begun to question myself on whether we were going in the right direction this year. So Sunday night we discussed it and decided to finish off this year by going back to ACE School of Tomorrow Paces. She says that it is easier for her when she knows what is ahead instead of not knowing what I have planned. With her anxiety disorder I can see why this would make a difference to her. So I had some left over from where we ended last year and she as already completed on whole math pace. She seems more relaxed now. So I am ordering what we need today to finish the year in. Here in Florida we are lucky enough to have 3 different choices for our end of year evaluation and our evaluator last year is familiar with paces so she will be able to see just how well Mimi is doing. Not that everything is a loss, she did learn some great stuff this year so far and we will continue our science and biology they way we have been doing along with our daily devotion and reading. Can't give that up!

Our cat named "Dusty" (we call him "cat-dog" cause he was raised with the dogs and thinks he is one) has the craziest habit of sleeping in the oddest places. Here are some pictures of him from Christmas...

Yes that is him in the Tree


and I think he is pretty disgusted with me for interrupting his nap, such evil looks





Yesterday I went to put some laundry in the hamper and this is what I found...



And tonight we under FREEZE warnings here in FL so this is his favorite sleeping spot in the kitchen...





Never know from one day to the next where he will turn up.

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I love the ACE paces. Your decision sounds like a good one.

KimO said...

Thank you, your comment makes me feel like I am going in the right direction. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

sissie said...

I beleive what ever is the best for mimi is what you should do! But you know me let mimi do what she wants LOL.
Love the pic's of dusty:) he reminds me so much of the cat I had. remember sam?