Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well ladies, here I am with my Movie Review for this week. It is the BBC Production of "North and South". (No Sissie, it isn't the one with Patrick Swayze and it isn't about the Civil War) Set against the backdrop of Victorian England's industrial north, Daniela Denby-Ashe and Richard Armitage star in Sandy Welch's adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's passionate love story. She plays the daughter of a minister and he is the owner of the factory. They clash over differences between her world (the south) and how he does things in his world. The drama and tension build until the final episode when.... well let's just say I have watched it 3 time this week already. And yes I will compare Thornton to Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. This will go on my list as one of my all time favorite BBC productions. They sure know how to do one right. I purchased this one from Amazon.com totally on recommendations and am now very glad I did. So my rating for this movie is definitely a 10! That's right, a 10. Wow, what will I watch next... this one again! LOL

Anyway we got some badly needed rain finally but still not enough to lift the burn ban. Been two pretty bad fires here in the county this week alone. The garden is really doing good now though.

Frank and Frankie have started building another race car. Of course Frank still can't drive but Frankie wants to give it a try. Anyway last night they were out there using the cutting torch to cut out the seats and even though Frankie thought he had checked good enough he over looked a bic lighter and when Frank hit with the torch it exploded twice, (two chambers in it) and got Frankie pretty bad up his left arm and the left side of his face. He's got one place that is a 2nd degree burn. He went to work this morning but don't know how long he will last until the pain and tightness of it begins to hamper him. He will probably end up at the DR's office. He has a new job and is very happy with it. He is working at Suwannee Lumber now. It's funny for him to be working there when he was just a baby when Frank was working there. What goes around comes around I guess.

Almost through with the bathroom remodel. Frank hasn't been feeling well and with Frankie and Shelby staying at Joann's in Cross City, we haven't been able to get quite through yet, but I will go ahead and take pics of the new shower and all so you can get a sneak peek. (Just don't tell Mimi)

Anyway mom and dad doing good as are the rest of us. Bear's old age is catching up with him and he is quite stiff in the mornings and Rosie has had her first heat so off to the vet she goes. Angel is fine. As is Laramie, Dexter and all those roosters and chickens she has out there.

Well got to go and will upload pics later.
Love all, Kim

1 comment:

sissie said...

you know your movies really make me wonder about you! LOL

I watch king Auther tonight so come check out my review at my blog!

how long of a movie was this north & south?

tell frankie he needs to learn to stay away from fire he is to much like windy LOL

Hugs