Thursday, March 23, 2006

Good Evening everyone. Been very busy, busy here so haven't had time to post. Frank has finally hired someone to remodel my kitchen and bath so we are living on fast food and with everything from those two rooms in the living room. But it will all be worth it. Can you believe we are actually getting the double head shower he has always wanted. Mimi has picked out the decorating theme and she has chosen the beach. No surprise there huh? The only thing we have saved are the tub and sink as they are cast iron and would be stupid to get rid of them. The kitchen is getting a whole new look also. We are moving the refrigerator over in the corner by the bathroom and extending the cabinetry all the way to the back door. So much more counter space. Will be posting pics as we get it done. The only other thing we have discussed doing is tearing out the carpet in the living room and putting in hardwood flooring. Frank wants new carpet, I don't, so we will have to see who wins. Finally got the new washing machine last week. Kenmore of course. Shelby couldn't understand why I insist on that brand.

I haven't done much sewing this week but do have one new block to show you I finished.

This one is called Pebbles Protest and I handpieced it also. I have another block started and will try to finish it and post it later.

Well this weekend is the big weekend for Frankie and Bernie. The competition at Daytona starts Friday and they are all ready to go. They all have their systems ready and are all excited to go. I don't think they realize what it is going to be like there with Spring Break going on. But we wish them luck.

I have got to tell you all about the movie "Pride and Prejudice" If you don't watch anything else this year make sure you watch this one. I have watched it 5 times already. I have all five versions now and this one is definitely my favorite. Let me know what you think about it.

Will close for now. Take care and have a good night!

In every thing give Thanks... 1 Thess 5:18

Love, Kim

2 comments:

windy said...

I like that square the colors is what catches my eye you know blue is my favorite color I guess I am going to have to get a new sewing maching I can't figure out what is wrong with it maybe when you come over you can look at it for me. I still haven't gotten the small blanket and pillow done for jasmine (one of the foster kids mikes mom and dad has) It is just a small blanket and pillow for a cradle that mikes dad made for her baby dolls.

sissie said...

I am glad to see you are finally getting things done. and I would go for the hardwood floor they are so pretty and easy to take care off. just sweep! are we going to be able to see pics of frankie in daytona?

you know we should all be planning to meet there this year! why aren't we?